Tuesday, July 21, 2009

8 weeks old or 2 months

I'm really never sure when you stop counting a babies age in weeks and start using months or when you stop using months and start using years. Having said that I'm going to say Bo is 2 months old today even though he is really 8 weeks and it will be 5 more days until July 26th where he is 2 months old.
He has his 2 month check-up next Monday so we will find out how well he is doing. He is getting really big and I'm sure he is pushing high 11lbs if not 12lbs by now. He has a "breast milk" belly that is for sure. He still has some stomach pains every once in a while after feeding so we will probably talk to the doctor about that. He is taking some medicine which seems to work but maybe he just needs to take it more often. He also has this issue with his neck where he doesn't like to turn it to the right. He always seems to hold it to the left so we will ask the doctor about that. I think we need to work with him more on his "tummy time" so he practices controlling his head and turning it side to side. This will help his muscles but we'll see what the doctor has to say.

Here is a picture of the new drawing or mural on Bo's bedroom wall above his crib. Mommy hired a friend of a friend to come over and do it. It is really cool and I'm sure Bo will appreciate it some day.







Also, here is a cute picture of Bo waking Daddy up Saturday morning. I'm not sure Daddy was ready to get up but Bo was ready to play so he said.

No comments: