Well, I thought I would send out an email updating everyone on the status of my life. I know everyone loves those emails!! Anyway, 11 days of school till summer vacation (I would use the word "left" but my husband is making me stay in the working world)! Don't get too jealous because right before or after my summer vacation starts I will be pushing out a 7lb baby. My summer days of lounging around, shopping online, and going to the pool are now in the past. Instead, I will have a child screaming because he or she is too hot or touching their sun blocked lotiony hands all over me. Oh, but they say it (all the chaos) is all worth it!!
Josh and I went to the doctor today. The baby is in position for delivery (head down and butt up). She was very surprised because I was 1 cm dilated. She said that usually with your first you don't dilate this early/ fast. She said she felt this was a good sign but then did go on to remind me that I could be dilated for 4 more weeks....or I could have the baby tomorrow! So, it is a waiting game. The baby has his or her own agenda and will come when ready. Early if he or she is like its dad and fashionably late if like its mom!
Next Monday, the baby will be officially full term (37 weeks is considered full term not 40). Yes, I know I have 9 VERY long centimeters to go but I was really excited to hear that I was dilated! I now can see the finish line in sight. The panic and anxiety about actually birthing a child did set in when i got home. Nothing a half a chocolate pie didn't cure - literally!
Anyway, we are really excited to welcome baby woodworth into our family. Josh has all the gidgets and gadgets put together and ready to go. Just need the baby. We can't wait!!
Talk to you soon,
Shelly
No comments:
Post a Comment