
Daddy dropped Mommy and you (baby Woodster) off at the airport early this morning. You are going to Florida for Spring Break. Apparently, mommy thinks she is still in college and has to go somewhere on spring break every year. Luckily, you get to go with her while Daddy goes to work and attempts to finish off one of the many honey-do-lists.
Mommy and Daddy had a little excitement late last night before/during bedtime. While I was laying on the couch watching sportscenter before going up to bed and Mommy laying up in bed sleeping, a bat flew into the house through the fireplace. At first I didn't believe it but sure enough, it was a bat. Of course, the first place it flies is into the bedroom where Mommy was sleeping. I ran up there and tried to lead it out the window or door towards the front door but the dumb thing kept circling around running into the walls. Mommy thought it was a bird so I let her believe that until it was gone because I did not want to scare her anymore. After about 15-20mins, it finally flew into the bathroom where I trapped it with a plunger. It was quite exciting and I could have sworn I was on candid camera. I think it was a baby bat that was lost or flew down or in the wrong hole. I read this morning that a bat can fly through a hole the size of your thumb. I was able to then put a sheet over it, throw it in a small trash can, and release it outside. Hopefully, he didn't bring any friends. We do not need bats flying around the house especially with baby Woody coming soon.
Anyways, that was our excitement before Mommy's big trip. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep but Mommy has a good story to tell everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment